Wednesday, January 19, 2011

$10 for $22 of Food at Soul!

I don't know why I suggested it when I was full, but I told Beb that we should go to Soul at Waialae for dinner after our trip to Costco.




I think (I think? haha...) I wanted to go there because I wanted to use my Groupon.  A Groupon is the craziest, coolest, most awesomest idea ever!  Basically, Groupon has a deal with a business where they say that x number of people are going to shop/eat at your place.  If x or more number of people join in on the deal, then the business gives the people who joined a discount at the business.  Most of the deals that they have are 50% or more off the regular price. Everyday is a different business deal and you can choose what city you live in so that they can show you what businesses have deals there.  Check out their website for more information. A while back, I got a Groupon for $22 at Soul, which I only paid $10 for on the website. Now how awesome is that!




Here is information about the business hours. I know it's hard to read, but I copied it on my iphone too so here you go:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11am-9pm
Friday - Saturday: 11am-10pm
Sunday: brunch all day, 1030am-8pm
Monday: closed




I excitedly got a Groupon for Soul because my boss brought me and my co-worker here and it was soooo good. I know it's hard to read the menu, but I figured I'd take a pic so that you have some idea of what they have. They also a "specials" menu, desserts, and they have bunch now, which I just noticed.




That's the owner on the right in the green. I heard he first opened his restaurant on a lunch wagon in Downtown and expanded to this place in Waialae.  It's a pretty small place and the parking is horrendously small, but I can't help but come back. He's pretty friendly and he also serves you food when he's not on the computer. He changed my chicken twice when I noticed that it was bloody...





Beb and I got 6 pieces buttermilk chicken, cilantro coleslaw, and cornbread (to-go).  Everything oh-so-delicious  (not bloody at all!) except that I was still full from the hotdog so I couldn't finish more than one piece of chicken and half a piece of cornbread... *sigh*... Our total was about $28 and we just paid about $6.25 after using the Groupon!

I give Soul 4 for taste because I love the food even though I usually order the chicken, coleslaw, and cornbread (because it's that good!). I have tried the catfish and the jambalaya, which is good too but I'd rather stick to my favorites!  I give it 3 cherries for price because it is a bit pricey, but I give 4 cherries to Groupon for giving us almost a 50% discount on our meal. Lastly, I give Soul 3 cherries that I might come because this is the only place that I can think of that serves soul food on the island. And who'd have thought that cilantro and coleslaw will make a great side?! I know I'll be back for my fix of my favs...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment