Wednesday, January 5, 2011

After Dark Menu at Shokudo

I met up with some friends from church last week Tuesday because someone came from the mainland to work and one of my friends was craving some "honeytoes" or honey toast (inside joke, lol)... I had choir practice that night so by the time we got to Shokudo, it was about 10:10pm and the lady said she was going to start seating people for the After Dark Menu at 10:20pm (After Dark Menu is from 10:30pm to about 1am?).  Now that I think about it, what does "After Dark" mean anyways?  It's still dark out when we come for this... so I'm very confused.... they're all trying to confuse us, but I think if they call it the $3 menu then they'll attract more people... but I don't think they'll ever call it that because it is a pretty fancy place, so having a "$3 menu" isn't very fancy at all...



I was so hungry that I almost forgot about the pics for this blog (again!).  So above is the $3 garlic clams for beb... it was super garlicky and it would've been great with some bread or something to soak the butter garlic sauce in the bottom (Something to think about, Shokudo management!).  It also had small pieces of chopped hot pepper but I didn't get any spicy from it... surprisingly...



Told you I was hungry... I already ate half of my $3 Spicy Tuna Nachos... It was spicy and it was so good but I did notice that they didn't put as much of the yellow sauce (IDK what it is, but it's so good... it looks like spicy mayo or something) on the nachos as before and there was a lot more green onions than usual in the spicy tuna mixture... it gave it a weird green color... 




And, as usual, the night ended with some "honey toes", which I wasn't able to take a complete picture of because I was about ready to dive into it... It looks like this because I gave Beb the crust... We would usually get one $3 honey toast with extra ice cream so that he can eat the crust with the extra ice cream and I can eat the inside with the ice cream it came with... it's a good deal so that the crust is not waste and we're not as full of honeytoast than if we each ordered it... Also it's $4.50 if we did this than $6 if we got separate honeytoast...

So it was a great night with great conversation and good food... Unfortunately, I totally forgot that I asked my mom, sister, and brother to bring me back some Jolibee before I went to church so when I got home I had a lot of food waiting for me, which I just put in the fridge to be eaten for breakfast...

Anyways, the ratings for that night are: 4 for customer service (I guess they had a better night so better service and we didn't have that grouchy person servicing us this time), 4 for food (I was satisfied but I think I'm starting to get tired of their menu, so I hope that they would add more or change the $3 menu so that we can keep coming back. We only come back when we crave it), 4 for probability that I'm coming back because I probably am going to keep coming back because it's the only place that serves "honey toes"!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment