Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Late Night at Yanagi Sushi

So last Saturday was my mom's last dinner on Oahu (*tear tear*).  We had a late dinner because I finished church at 945pm and my sister took my mom to the movies while they waited for me to finish. We couldn't really decide where to bring my mom for her late last dinner (was tempted to bring her to Sansei for their 50% off appetizers but I was scared that she was going to sing since they had open karaoke night. lol!), but I remembered that we haven't gone to Yanagi's yet and they have the best ahi katsu!!!!


Here is the a pic of the menu which has most of the information you need if you want to go to Yanagi, which was way better than the pic I tried to get when I was outside (lol!).  Parking is horrible there, but they do have valet parking.  I didn't want to pay for parking so I drove around twice trying to find street parking on Kapiolani, until I found one (kind of!) right in front of the restaurant (I parked on the street right in front of the entrance to the valet, which I was glad people didn't hit my car or towed my car because I was kinda blocking the entrance a bit.. lol).

COMBINATION MEALS



(D) Salmon Katsu/ Beef Teriyaki
$10.95
(E) Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura/ Chicken Teriyaki
$9.95
(F) Beef Teriyaki / Chicken Katsu
$9.95
(G) Salmon Katsu / Chicken Teriyaki
$9.95
(H) Broiled Salmon / Chicken Teriyaki
$10.95
 (I) Nigiri Sushi / Zaru Soba
$12.95
(K) Nigiri Sushi / Mini Udon
$12.95
(L) Ahi Teriyaki / Chicken Katsu
$9.95
(M) Deep Fried Ahi / Chicken Teriyaki
$9.95
(N) Ahi Teriyaki / Deep Fried Shrimp
$9.95

OK... IDK if this is legal or whatever, just tell me if it is... because I just copied this from their website (I was supposed to take a pic of the menu but they took from us right after we ordered!).  We love going to Yanagi's late a night because they have combination meals around $10 and it tastes so much better and has more portions than Sushi King (in my opinion! lol!).  I usually get letter M because I love their ahi katsu!



My sister ordered two orders of gyoza (which I didn't eat because I knew it probably had pork), which I though was ridiculous because $3.95 for FIVE PIECES! I could go to Don Quixote and buy a pack of 30 pieces or so for $7!  Oh well....





 My mom ordered the mini udon with the nigiri sushi (it had salmon which tasted funky, octopus, egg, ahi, and cucumber sushi) and my sister ordered the shrimp and veggie tempura with chicken teriyaki (it had an off color to it!).  I didn't have much of a chance to take pics of theirs because we were so hungry so you're lucky that I got a pic of mine! lol! So... I thought I was so smooth since I used to eat here often and I just gave them all of our letters only to find that I gave them the wrong letter for my food!  Instead of getting the ahi katsu and chicken teriyaki, I got letter L which was the ahi teriyaki and chicken katsu... mayn... I was disappointed... lol... even though my meal was pretty good, I was still disappointed...

My ratings: 3 cherries for price because the combo meals were reasonably priced but if you want to order beyond that menu, it's pretty pricey. I give it 3 cherries for my meal because it was ok, but I give it 2 cherries because my mom and sister's meals tasted and looked a little off... the portions were pretty good though and I still like it better than Sushi King (sorry to those Sushi King fans!)... I give it 2 cherries for customer service because they did take a long time to serve us.  We only got our tea when we were done and they never even gave us the sugar that we asked for... my mom's sushi came so late that we were almost done eating and my sister and I gave some of our food to our mom because her sushi took forever!  Also, they didn't refill our water until after we asked for our check... how sad....It wasn't as crowded as it was when I was last here, so I don't know why they were taking forever.  I do give them 3 cherries for the probability that I'm coming back... Their ahi katsu is the only thing that really draws me here, but I do like it when my friends attempt to down the fresh oyster shooter (with raw egg!) even though it's pretty pricy for $4; that's always fun!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment