Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snow Factory and Some Kind of Realization

So I realized that when I try and write more than one blog at a time, especially late a night, that I become less witty and less descriptive than I normally am and I should be... Sorry! We went out to eat a lot this weekend since N was only here for a short while and J was leaving for Winter Break and that meant a lot of pics and things to talk. I was also very lazy to cook lately because I've been so busy with church and all so I didn't have much time to show you all my cooking skillz... lol! But now that that's all behind us, I'll attempt to put up more recipes and be more descriptive so that y'all will read my blog more! Yay!





The last place I took N before she left for Texas was Snow Factory.  Despite the rain, I wanted to bring her to Shimazu to try their shaved ice, but it was closed so I brought her here.  I thought that this pic above best explains the texture of what this place had to offer because it's really hard to explain...




Business hours again... it's not as clear as it should be because they decided to put this with white font on a clear glass window... go figure... oh and this place is located in McCully Shopping Center on the first floor... parking is a bit hard to find as well (they do have parking in the basement though), but at least it's free....




These are some of the flavors that they have... I saw on the white board (forgot to take a pic of it) that they also have daily specials as well...



When you get your snow ice, you can top it off with all kinds of toppings (free!). They have kitkat, almonds, mochi crunch, and so forth that looks like they threw it in a blender and crushed it for a few seconds... it's pretty fine except for some of them like the Kitkat... Be careful because it can get really messy...



Grr for sideways picture that I have no idea how to rotate pics on BlogPress as of yet... sorry about that... just turn your head sideways and you'll get the picture...

Anyway, we got the regular size so we get two choices: N chose pineapple and I chose mango.  We topped it off with crushed almonds and Nilla Wafers... it was an odd combo but it worked!  It tasted a bit creamy almost like mango and pineapple flavored Melona Popsicle.  There was only forks for use to eat with, which is reasonable because the shape is like long icicles (?).  It also melts in your mouth pretty fast like cotton candy.  It's a very interesting experience and I hope N liked it.

Overall, I give this place 5 cherries for taste, price, and cleanliness. Customer service is ehh... so 3 cherries... It's a great place to bring friends who are looking for something different that you wouldn't find in Hawai'i.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment